You want to lose a few pounds or simply maintain a healthy weight but you have no patience for the weird, stringent diets that usually wind up failing anyway? Here is a list of clever, simple and surprising tricks that skinny-minded people use to save calories here and there, which eventually add up to a significant amount of weight avoidance!
1. Drink a glass of water before snacking or eating a meal – it will fill your stomach and suppress feelings of hunger, so that you don’t eat more than you really need to.
2. Eat on small plates – they will visually trick you into thinking that you’re eating more. If possible, opt for blue serve-ware – the color has been shown to suppress appetite.
3. Instead of butter or oil from a bottle, grease pots and pans with an olive oil spray. This will save unnecessary excess and the calories involved.
4. Use herbs and spices instead of sauces to flavor your food. They are much lower in calories and generally more nutritious.
1. Never drink soft drinks, sports drinks or soda. Humans were designed to drink water.
2. Throw out all the cream, sweeteners and milk in your fridge. Black coffee has almost no calories.
1. Take breaks to go outside and walk around during the workday. Sitting still is bad for circulation, metabolism and even concentration. Walking around will also burn more calories than sitting still.
2. Walk more. Maybe jog or even run. Make it a daily or weekly habit. Think about adopting a dog, and then walk it for at least twenty minutes a day. A study done by the University of Missouri, proved that people who walked their dogs dropped an average of fourteen pounds in a year.